Stainless Steel Processor-Kettle
Walker’s Processor-Kettle, a variant of the PZ-CB processor, is a sanitary, high-performance, insulated, multi-purpose cooker kettle designed to perform high speed mixing, blending, heating and cooling of a wide range of products including viscous materials.
The Processor Kettle meets national and United States Public Heath Service requirements and the 3A Sanitary Standards for batch processors.
The PZ-CB-K features a cone bottom, pitched to a center outlet and an agitator system of dual counteracting design to assure a thorough uniform blending of products and incorporation of ingredients. One agitator is the scraper type with removable molded nylon blades which continuously wipe the bottom and sidewalls to blend the product, increase heat transfer efficiency and to aid in unloading. The counteracting agitator typically has an offset turbine style blade to promote a vertical movement component to the mixing action.
The stainless steel heat transfer jacket, covering the sidewalls and bottom, may be divided into 3 or 4 (depending on size) separately controllable zones for maximum efficiency, flexibility and control when processing partial batches. The heat transfer jacket is designed for operating pressures up to 100 psig @ 320°F as standard; higher operating pressures and ASME & CRN code stamping are available.
Standard sizes from 200 to 3000 gallons and larger, however vessels as small as 10 gallons and as large as 10,000 gallons have been fabricated for certain applications. For products requiring special care in handling, the Processor-Kettle can be equipped to unload under pressure.
- AGITATOR ASSEMBLY
- Standard - stainless steel, #4 polish side & bottom scrape assembly designed for CIP operation & ease of disassembly. Removable scrapers of nylon with viton o-ring retainers.
- Ryton scraper blades for high temperature applications – up to 300 deg F
- CONE BOTTOM
- Standard - 30° cone
- 15° cone
- Other configurations of cone available upon request
- TANK MATERIAL
- Standard - 304 stainless steel top dome, inner side wall and inner bottom.
- T316L stainless steel top dome, inner side wall and inner bottom